Monday, October 6, 2014

October 6, 2014 - Avoiding Tomorrow-itis!

The last couple of weeks I have stayed with the same theme; I have asked you (and me) what is really important… I've asked what we are gonna do about it? This is a common theme questions in the world of sports and in our daily walk. Since I am repeating myself a little bit I will remind you that we all desire to be successful; we all desire to win; we all want to do well and do right… yet most tend to struggle.

So with the realization that I am beating the same drum this week, I again warn you (and me) of “Tomorrow-itis”! We simply do not take enough advantage of today…

The reason this is fresh on my mind still is due to a verse I came across in my quiet time last week. It is a verse that I have read many, many times (as I try to read a chapter in Proverbs every day.) It is a verse dealing with giving what you can… and doing it while you have the ability to do so!

Proverbs 3: 27 Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due,
When it is in the power of your hand to do so.
28 Do not say to your neighbor,
“Go, and come back,
And tomorrow I will give it,
When you have it with you. (NKJV)

Proverbs 3: 27-28 Never walk away from someone who deserves help;
your hand is God’s hand for that person.
Don’t tell your neighbor “Maybe some other time”
or “Try me tomorrow” when the money’s right there in your pocket. (The Message)

Did you catch it? Take care of what you can today!

If you are reading this and you are an athlete with dreams… get to work today!
If you are a believer with a desire to serve Christ… get to work today!


Give what you have while you have it!

No comments: