Monday, July 8, 2024

Silence Of God (7/8/24)

I’ll be honest, I’m probably not the best person to be writing this devotion. I have been angry, not even at God but life. I understand He has a plan, I understand He knows better than I do, but it’s so hard to see what God wants from me in this time; especially when God has seemed silent. I see God working and see the impact and growth that has happened, but in my one on one time with God…crickets. I know He is speaking and moving in people’s lives but it feels like He skips over me at times. Christians can fall into a habit of thinking a problem will eventually go away or they don’t even realize how long it’s been since they genuinely felt connected to God. So how do we escape the loop? How do we handle the times of darkness? 

In my dad’s basketball clinics, he always taught the importance of being able to dribble without looking/searching for the ball. He said if you’re stuck searching for the ball, you can’t look at where you are heading, the defense, the open player, the lane to the hoop, and so on. If you don’t have fundamentals, you can’t really get anywhere and get caught in the mess. 

 As I was thinking on that, I also thought back to my camp days at Grace Farm. We had so many spiritual challenges given to us, but by the end we were pumped up and closer to God for it. For example, memorizing scripture, taking time to rest and recuperate, morning/daily devotions, and creating random Jesus talks for fellowship and evangelism. It also got me wondering why did we stop challenging ourselves like that outside of camp, as adults, whether we are farther into our faith or brand new to it? Why do we act like it’s only for kids when all of us are called to it? 

 What area can you dive into? How can you challenge yourself? In the times God seems silent, or life just isn’t going right, you can be readily prepared and not searching for the fix/the truth in the moment of darkness! Let Gods truth become a fundamental, muscle memory for your mind and heart! Disconnect from the distractions and actively practice connection with God. 

 For verses, let’s go through these one at a time: 

 1.) Memorizing Scripture- 
            -“But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.” Matthew‬ ‭4‬:‭4‬ ‭NKJV‬‬ 
            -“This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.” Joshua‬ ‭1‬:‭8‬ ‭NKJV‬
            - “Incline your ear and hear the words of the wise, And apply your heart to my knowledge; For it is a pleasant thing if you keep them within you; Let them all be fixed upon your lips, So that your trust may be in the Lord; I have instructed you today, even you. Have I not written to you excellent things Of counsels and knowledge, That I may make you know the certainty of the words of truth, That you may answer words of truth To those who send to you?” Proverbs‬ ‭22‬:‭17‬-‭21‬ ‭NKJV‬ 
            -“And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;” Ephesians‬ ‭6‬:‭17‬ ‭NKJV‬ 
            -“Blessed are those who keep His testimonies, Who seek Him with the whole heart! They also do no iniquity; They walk in His ways. You have commanded us To keep Your precepts diligently. Oh, that my ways were directed To keep Your statutes! Then I would not be ashamed, When I look into all Your commandments. I will praise You with uprightness of heart, When I learn Your righteous judgments. I will keep Your statutes; Oh, do not forsake me utterly! How can a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed according to Your word. With my whole heart I have sought You; Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments! Your word I have hidden in my heart, That I might not sin against You. Blessed are You, O Lord! Teach me Your statutes. I have rejoiced in the way of Your testimonies, As much as in all riches. I will meditate on Your precepts, And contemplate Your ways. I will delight myself in Your statutes; I will not forget Your word.” Psalms‬ ‭119‬:‭2‬-‭12‬, ‭14‬-‭16‬ ‭NKJV ‬ 
            -“Let not mercy and truth forsake you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart,” Proverbs‬ ‭3‬:‭3‬ ‭NKJV‬‬ 2.) 

2.) Take Time To Rest and Recuperate-
            -“There remains therefore a rest for the people of God. For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His. Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall according to the same example of disobedience.” ‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭4‬:‭9‬-‭11‬ ‭NKJV‬‬ 
            -“Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work,” Exodus‬ ‭20‬:‭8‬-‭9‬ ‭NKJV‬‬ 

 3.) Starting Your Day With God/ Having Personal and Intentional Time With Him- 
            -“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.” ‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭3‬:‭5‬-‭6‬ ‭NKJV 
            -“Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.” Philippians‬ ‭4‬:‭5‬, ‭8‬-‭9‬ ‭NKJV‬‬ 
            -“Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning, For in You do I trust; Cause me to know the way in which I should walk, For I lift up my soul to You.” Psalms‬ ‭143‬:‭8‬ ‭NKJV‬‬ 
            -“My voice You shall hear in the morning, O Lord; In the morning I will direct it to You, And I will look up.” ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭5‬:‭3‬ ‭NKJV‬‬ 

 4.) Creating Jesus Talks (For Fellowship and Evangelism)-
             -“God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.” I Corinthians‬ ‭1‬:‭9‬ ‭NKJV‬‬ 
            -“If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.” I John‬ ‭1‬:‭6‬-‭7‬ ‭NKJV‬‬ 
            -“And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.” Matthew‬ ‭28‬:‭18‬-‭20‬ ‭NKJV‬‬ 
            -“And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.” Mark‬ ‭16‬:‭15‬ ‭NKJV‬‬ 
            -“How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, Who bring glad tidings of good things!” Romans‬ ‭10‬:‭14‬-‭15‬ ‭NKJV‬

No comments: