I was just reading an article on ESPN.go.com about the rally that was held in LA to introduce the new owner of the team, Steve Ballmer. The article highlighted some things about him that excited the team and the fans…
Quotes from ESPN Article
· Ballmer paid a record $2 billion for the team in a sale that was confirmed by a judge last week.
· "We're looking forward," Ballmer proclaimed, having removed his blue Clippers hat. "Everything is about looking forward."
· Ballmer's fervor was in stark contrast to Sterling (previous owner), who never spoke to the media and was famously frugal when it came to spending on the team during decades of losing…
· "When he came through the crowd, I literally had goose bumps," Griffin said afterward. "I don't know if there's one good word to describe him. I know all our guys are excited about the energy he brings. It's completely different."
· "I'll boldly say the Clippers will win many, many more Larrys in the next 26 years than they did in the last 26," he said, referring to the Larry O'Brien trophy that goes to the NBA champion.
Do you see how the excitement built with an owner that is on their side? Even an all-star player like Blake Griffin stated he had “goose bumps.”
Everyone has a view of the “Owner” (God) and that dictates how excited (or not excited) they will be about life. Throughout history we have seen God (or even the gods in mythology) portrayed as angry and removed from mankind. Yet the reality is that:
· God paid for us through the death of His Son (Romans 5:8)
· God is also interested in us “looking forward” (Jeremiah 29:11)
· God is approachable and generous (Psalm 145:8-9)
· God is an incredible God (Psalm 146)
· God is for you not against you! Serve Him with gladness! Let’s get excited about the upcoming “Seasons” of our lives… (Romans 8:28)