Tuesday, July 21, 2015

July 20, 2015 (posted a day late) - God's Got This!

"Failure to plan is planning to fail!"

That is a quote I have read often and I'm not sure of the original source (but I do know Coach Wooden was one of the people that said it.) as a result I took the cue when I started coaching and always tried to go into practice with a detailed plan... literally down to the minute.

Since that time I have maintained that  approach in ministry and typically embark on trips or outreach with great attention to detail.

I'm sitting on a plane flying back to the States right now finishing up an incredible trip of ministry... But I want to back up to how I felt a week ago upon arrival...

During the first nights orientation I admitted too he guys that to did not feel as prepared as I usually do; in fact I felt a bit discombobulated (had to use that word.) Yes, as usual, I had spent a tremendous amount of time planning the trip but due to a very hectic schedule leading up to the trip I didn't complete my usual detailed itineraries; didn't have charts with our costs; etc.

But we did have a goal or a detailed mission we felt the Lord had laid on our hearts... And I don't think I've ever seen a trip unfold better or a mask be more complete.

I praise God for the victory on this trip! And I am reminded of a great verse that I often go to:

The horse is prepared for the day of battle, But deliverance is of the LORD. (‭Proverbs‬ ‭21‬:‭31‬ NKJV)

Do your best, prepare for the worst— then trust GOD to bring victory. (‭Proverbs‬ ‭21‬:‭31‬ MSG)

I will continue to give my best and that includes detailed planning; but I will continually be reminded from this trip that even when I fall a little short... God's got this!

No comments: