Monday, March 28, 2016

March 28, 2016 - Success Breeds Success (The ease of recruiting for a winner...)

Ok I am on the road again and feeling the wear and tear… I am definitely getting old and don’t travel like I used to! But I am enjoying the fact that this leg of my journey is at a home with cable TV so I can take in a lot of hoops action… I love March Madness! (And fortunately so does my dad, whose home I have stayed at the last few days before getting back on the road – and in the air – tomorrow.)

I love seeing the powerhouse “Goliath” programs that have such a commitment to excellence and also the “David” teams that don’t seem to belong yet find a way to win. The men’s and women’s tourneys have it all…

As we watched the UCONN women win again tonight my dad made a remark about how recruiting gets so much easier when you are successful. Let’s face it, a young girl that loves hoops has to dream of how cool it would be to play for a program like that! The reality is that success breeds success… players want to be a part of a winning program!

And of course my mind immediately went to the spiritual parallels of the discussion… and it dawned on me how motivated we should be on the recruiting trail, especially at this time of year! Let me explain…

It’s Easter time! We celebrate a risen Savior! I love how my pastor in Alabama puts it... he reminds us that if a guy predicts he is going to die, how he is going to die, that he will rise again, and then does it… follow that guy!

Don’t you get it? We say we know we are on the winning team! Our Savior overcame death! He lives! His resurrection rocked the apostles’ world… and should daily rock our world! His resurrection should change the way we view each day where we live victoriously! A lost and dying world should see that we are winners!

God chose us to be His ambassadors to “recruit” others to our “program.” Recruiting is much easier when you represent a winner!

Luke 24:2-3 But they found the stone rolled away from the tomb. Then they went in and did not find the body of the Lord Jesus.

Luke 24:6 “He is not here, but is risen!”…

#MTTomb

No comments: