Monday, July 16, 2018

July 16, 2018 - Coach, I'm Ready!


I always love to check out players that are on the bench during a game; and as a coach I always told my players that they needed to stay alert when on the bench. In other words, know what is going on in the game, so if their number is called they are ready to immediately get into the flow of the game… they will know what we are running and what the opponent is doing…

Every once in a while, you get the players that simply are not in tune… no clue what is going on. And then you get the opposite at times and get the player that makes sure he/she is always filling the closest possible seat they can get to the coach; the body language is screaming “put me in coach, I’m ready to play!”

I love players that want to play! Yesterday at church I was reminded of this with the message our pastor brought (Thanks, Matt!) In Luke chapter 12 Jesus is teaching and says that the servant that is watching for the master and stays ready is blessed! I love the way it is stated in the ESV in verse 35, “Stay dressed for action…”; and then in verse 37 when He says, “Blessed are those servants whom the master finds awake when he comes…

In other words, Jesus is reminding us to stay busy (faithful) as though He is returning at any moment! And to take that a bit farther, I believe it is reminding us to be ready whenever He calls our number in the game of life… not to put off the opportunities we have to reach/serve others!!!

No comments: