Monday, August 6, 2018

August 6, 2018 - Stick Out Your Tongue!


I remember when I was younger, I always played hoops with my tongue out… no, I wasn’t imitating Michael Jordan (this was before his time in the limelight) … I was just intense! I can remember being told many times that I was going to bite it off one day.



The reason this crazy sports memory came to me actually took place while showing some music videos to my daughter. In every video that showed a powerful performance there was a common denominator: great performers make crazy faces! Basically, we see that the more intense/passionate someone is about his craft, the more into he gets and loses any concern for how he looks to others. Bottom line is that we are not moved by seeing great skills… we are moved by seeing great passion!



This somewhat falls in line with last week’s devotion where I talked about those that are “all show, no go.” No matter how prepared someone is, it is lacking unless he is passionate about it.



Preparation - Passion = Passivity (one will be inactive when not passionate)

Preparation + Passion = Power (this one will Go MAD… Make A Difference)



The Scriptures are clear on what things we should be intensely focused on… 2 Corinthians 5:9 “Therefore we also have as our AMBITION, whether at home or absent, to be pleasing to Him.”



That word AMBITION has the definition of being one’s aim, something one is striving earnestly for…



In other words, we should “stick our tongues out or make funny faces” and focus in on trying to “be pleasing to Him” by being fully engaged in “the game.” Let’s Go MAD!

No comments: