Monday, May 20, 2019

May 20, 2019 - "Locked In"


“Stay locked in on the game…”


What great words that were shared by the mom and fiancé of an NBA player… one that is now dominating the series he is in… one that just had a game where his coached called him a “wrecking ball” on the court… one that even has players from the other team talking about how he seems to always be in the right place at the right time…


Draymond Green is having a spectacular series, (and has been spectacular throughout the playoffs.) The beauty of this is that he heard criticism from his mom and fiancé, and then decided to actually look at himself in the mirror. His conclusion: “I was doing more crying than playing… I’m sure it was disgusting to watch, ‘cause I felt disgusting playing that way… I just wanted to lock back in on the game… I also have some little ones at the house that’s enjoying watching me play, I don’t necessarily want them to see that, so I decided to be more mindful of it.”


There are numerous lessons we could take from Draymond’s news conference… but I am going to take the most basic (and refreshing) one that jumps out to me… in order to “lock in” to the game of life one must be willing to look at oneself honestly!


Check out these verses:


Lamentations 3:40 Let us search out and examine our ways, and turn back to the Lord.


Psalm 119:59 I thought about my ways, and turned my feet to your testimonies.

No comments: