Monday, January 24, 2022

January 24, 2022 - LONG TO BE STRONG!

Last week I talked about the idea of “buying in” to the team… the program… the purpose. It is not just about “playing the game” by avoiding violations, but more about striving together as a unit… not just “all in” in the desire to be ahead on the scoreboard, but instead in the desire to grow as a unit. 

Well enough of that review… if you want to “buy in” then you (and I) need to be “strong.” And when I think about the best players I have ever coached, they were incredibly “strong” but not necessarily physically. Of course, the crowd goes crazy when witnessing great physical prowess… and I do to. The highlights I watch always seem to involve a great display of athleticism and or skill… but when I think about the biggest difference-makers I have had on teams, they possessed a different type of strength… it was strength of understanding who we were and what we were trying to accomplish. They saw the game differently that others.

In life, we are called to “not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is.” (See Ephesians 5:17) In other words become those who know who we are and what we are trying to accomplish… how do we do this? We must be in the Word learning what God says about us and about the Game Plan!

Here we are in January and I hope your resolution (and mine) is to get strong!

Proverbs 24:5-6 A WISE MAN IS STRONG, yes, a man of knowledge increases strength. For by wise counsel you will wage your own war, and in a multitude of counselors there is safety.

Note the need to understand the plan… and the need to be surrounded by others that do the same… “buying in” means making gaining a high game IQ a priority…

And I love the word “safety” we find at the end of those verses… it literally has the idea of deliverance or salvation… and can be translated a bit differently… “in a multitude of counslors there is VICTORY.”

No comments: