Monday, April 4, 2022

April 4, 2022 - Get Your Hands Up

Well, I am sitting here typing this as I await the national championship game between North Carolina and Kansas… (and I will say, that even though I did not fill out brackets this year, I am on record as saying to some folks that Carolina was one of my “sleeper” teams that everyone should look out for…)

Yet when it comes to games like this, there is always that question of who will be the unexpected hero to step into the spotlight and lead his team to victory? Who will raise his game to a different level? (Loved it as I watched South Carolina’s women win last night behind a career high performance from one of their guards… Destanni Henderson. She dropped 26 points in the national championship… that girl came to play!)

Recently I have shared much about being on mission, and if you are a part of our social network, you know that I have shared much about needs for folks to step up and help lead us to victory. At InBounds our mission is to always “come to play!” We are looking for every way possible to “Give ‘em the ROCK!” (evangelize) and to encourage the team to “Get schooled now… so you don’t get schooled later!” (discipleship) But it is not always easy, and, in fact, sometimes it is draining when putting in so many “minutes.” Just as our ministry is based upon the ultimate Substitute we need for salvation (thank you Jesus!), it is has been (and continues to be) built on the concept of the “team” stepping up.

I think of all the years as a player and a coach, encouraging players to give it their all and pushing to the limits. And the telltale sign of fatigue was the hands down on defense… or the player being bent over tugging on the legs of his shorts… As a player or coach, you know that is time when a teammate needs to step up and give a break. I loudly proclaimed many time, “Get your hands up!” (And by that I meant, “Or I will get someone in there that will…)

I think of Moses in the battle against the Amalekites (Exodus 17)… where as long as he stood with his hands raised with the rod of God in them, Israel would prevail… when he would lower them they would start to lose. But obviously the goal was victory and Moses was getting tired (verse 12 records it that his “hands became heavy…”) so his teammates came along beside him and gave him a place to sit, while they held up his arms… until victory would be theirs!

This week I challenge you to stay strong in the battle… to “get your hands up!” Or at least to help support someone else’s arms…

How can we help/encourage you in your battle? We exist to train others…

How can you help others fight their battles? I know that InBounds is in great need of support for the upcoming season… I ain’t gonna lie… our hands are “heavy.” Would you pray about a one-time or recurring gift of support to help lead us to victory? Or maybe the Lord has laid another mission on your heart that you can support…

Christianity is designed to be a team sport!

No comments: