Monday, August 8, 2022

August 8, 2022 - Gaining Perspective

I have admitted in the past that as a player I didn’t enjoy watching game film… the reason was my pride; I didn’t like watching my mistakes… I didn’t like seeing that maybe I wasn’t as good as I thought I was… and sometimes failed to realize that the game film may show I wasn’t as bad as I thought I was when we had lost… 

In reality there are great benefits to looking back… but it is dangerous to dwell there on the positive or the negative! Thinking too highly or too lowly of oneself will lead to poor play today!

Dwelling too much on self takes the focus off of the team…

Romans 12:3 For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly…

Romans 12:5 so we, being many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another.

Let’s focus on the we not the me… not spending too much time on past accomplishments or failures… just enough time to gain perspective to make a difference for the team today.

Remember that the rear-view mirror should be way smaller than the windshield and only used for perspective!

No comments: