Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Would You Fight God If He Came and Told You Himself

In sports, dad always taught me to be a “shot doctor”. When I’d take a shot, he told me to “pause” and ask myself what went wrong and what went right. I would stay standing there, checking if my hips were aligned with the goal, if my hand was in the cookie jar, elbow above eyes, and so on. If I made it, I knew if i made it well, or honestly by accident. If I missed, I knew it was just unlucky or if I made a bad shot. I tend to find myself doing that in my life. I look at where I am in a situation and assess why I’m there, how I’m handling it, what I can change to better serve my purpose. In basketball, when someone else doctored my shot, I became stubborn and only wanted to prove them wrong. Often time I was coachable by my dad and close friends, but others made me feel competitive and challenged. I would begin to shoot worse out of the pressure I put on myself to prove something. As we’ve dealt with all of the things going on, I’ve felt like I’m asking God to doctor my place, my attitude, my reactions…when I feel like I hear an answer, I then reason differently. I try to explain my side or dwell on all the “what-ifs”. I caught myself in this, and thought back to the Bible. I always have been jealous of the Bible characters that got to so clearly experience the Lord. I always said that I would never question God like that if He spoke that to me. I found that for me, I would probably still question if God knew the whole story, or knew my heart in it even if He was right in front of me. Comprehending His all-knowing power is something I fail to have confidence in if I’m honest. I challenge you to ask yourself, would you fight God if He came and answered your questions Himself? Would you trust Him if it wasn’t comfortable or wasn’t what you expected?

Verses:

“If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten?”

‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭12‬:‭7‬ ‭NKJV‬‬


“He who disdains instruction despises his own soul, But he who heeds rebuke gets understanding.”

‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭15‬:‭32‬ ‭NKJV‬‬


“The Lord will guide you continually, And satisfy your soul in drought, And strengthen your bones; You shall be like a watered garden, And like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.”

‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭58‬:‭11‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

No comments: