Wednesday, October 9, 2024

There Are Too Many Stinky Feet

While dad was talking with a nurse, she was wiping down his feet. She jokingly said that he must feel like a big-wig getting his feet washed for him. He replied, “you’re the big-wig. Service is what makes a great person and a great leader”. In the midst of all that has been going on, he remembered how Jesus served first, and helping others up the ladder was much better than stepping on toes and pushing others down to raise yourself. I’ve been challenging myself to be a woman of service in everything I do. Work, sports, friendships…lately life has made it harder. I have struggled to even see where I can help others when I feel so focused and exhausted in my own struggle. While that’s understandable, it’s honestly pitiful of me. Jesus was hanging on a cross and still prayed “Father forgive them” in the midst of it. He still made time for the other man being crucified. He made His struggle an opportunity for service. The crucifixtion was God taking our place, He served us when we could do nothing to truly serve Him. He did not act all high and mighty, better than everyone, but washed feet instead. How can you wash someone’s feet this week? How can you serve? 


“And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’”

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭25‬:‭40‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

No comments: