Monday, July 20, 2009

July 20, 2009 - God is on your side!

It is the off-season for the NBA and the trades are in full swing. Basically each team is sizing up the opposition and trying to figure out how they will rise to prominence. In other words each team wants to know how to beat the Lakers in the West and the Magic in the East.

You see this with the Cavaliers getting Shaq, thinking he is the missing ingredient for a championship. (They needed someone that could counter Dwight Howard.)

Dwayne Wade has publicly wooed Lamar Odom to “come back home” to play for Miami. The Celtics are adding pieces to their puzzle. And it goes on and on.

It boils down to teams trying to gain an edge on or match-up with the competition. Don’t we feel overwhelmed sometimes in life? Often things appear to be more than we can bear. Life simply gets hard at times!

Can I simply give you a quick reminder this week? If you are a child of God, you don’t need to trade for anything else. God is on your side! No matter what life has for you – God is bigger. No matter what life has for you – God is better! No matter what life has for you – God is sufficient to meet your needs.

A couple of references for you:

2 Corinthians 12:9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Psalm 3
1 LORD, how they have increased who trouble me! Many are they who rise up against me. 2 Many are they who say of me, “There is no help for him in God.” Selah 3 But You, O LORD, are a shield for me, My glory and the One who lifts up my head. 4 I cried to the LORD with my voice, And He heard me from His holy hill. Selah 5 I lay down and slept; I awoke, for the LORD sustained me. 6 I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people Who have set themselves against me all around. 7 Arise, O LORD; Save me, O my God! For You have struck all my enemies on the cheekbone; You have broken the teeth of the ungodly. 8 Salvation belongs to the LORD. Your blessing is upon Your people. Selah

Romans 8: 31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?

No comments: