Who’s up for a challenge?
As 2009 draws to a close I can’t help but marvel at God’s goodness. He has granted us the privilege to be His ambassadors throughout the year. The year included:
· Outreach clinics/camps conducted by Coach Torzewski and Coach Burden
· Multiple speaking engagements for Coach Burden
· An awesome 10-day road trip with 10 players – training them on and off the court! This trip included a great service project as well.
· Trips to the foreign field (Dominican Republic, London)
· Continued internet outreach via our weekly devotions (closing in on 8 years)
· Over 100 people accepted Christ as Substitute at InBounds events
It has truly been an awesome year and we are eagerly anticipating 2010. There are already many things on the agenda and many more pending. Yet as with any outreach it requires funding to meet the needs.
This is where you come in. I have devised a relatively simple and painless way in which you could help us out. It will help us finish strong in the 2009 “game.”
I need you to simply find 10 people to give $10 to our cause. (If you give $10 you only have 9 more to find.)
This “Finish Strong” challenge will help us enter 2010 ready to serve. We simply need each team member to do his or her part.
If you are accepting the challenge please do me a favor and shoot me an email to let me know. It is always encouraging to know people are on our side. That way I can also send you some helpful pointers and info for sharing the need. Thank you in advance for at least praying about being a part.
[On a side note: I have challenged our board and coaching staff to find 10 people to give $100. Please pray for them as they help us meet these needs.]