Monday, April 12, 2010

April 12, 2010 - Trust

“Just trust me. Try to do it this way and you will see results.” These are words I often say as I am instructing players (or my own kids.) I want them to know not only that I am on their side but also that I know a little bit about what I am talking about.

Yet the truth of the matter is that sometimes what I say may not seem right to them; It may not feel right; It may seem too hard for them; etc. Yet I expect them still to listen and try to execute. (And the truth of the matter is that I may be wrong.)

Our lives as believers need to be along the same lines. We need to hear what God has to say and execute it, in spite of how we feel. The simple fact is that God (unlike me or you) is never wrong in His instruction; the Bible can always be trusted as our guide.

I love Psalm 37:3-6.

3 Trust in the LORD, and do good; Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness. 4 Delight yourself also in the LORD, And He shall give you the desires of your heart. 5 Commit your way to the LORD, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass. 6 He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light, And your justice as the noonday.

What is the Lord leading you to do today? You can trust Him!

No comments: