Monday, April 5, 2010

April 5, 2010 - Devotion

This week’s devotion finds me on the road again with a group of teenagers. As my mind wanders to the thoughts of what devotion God wants me to share, I see it right in front of me…a physical picture of devotion, commitment, etc.

There are 15 boys on this trip along with myself and Coach Hank Dahl of Reign Ministries. Hank and I just gave the morning wake-up call at 6:52AM (each day is 15-minutes before sunrise.) That may not seem like it was very early to some of you morning folks, but to a group of boys on their spring break it is incredibly early.

As I sit at my computer it is 7:56AM and the boys have already run 2 miles, had time in God’s Word, and now are prepping for breakfast. I doubt there are many teens their age that have already accomplished that much this morning – (most won’t accomplish that much all day!) The boys are simply a picture of devotion.

What/Who are you devoted to? These guys are being reminded on this trip that as Christian our lives in total should be devoted to God!

We see the admonitions to work unto God and not just unto men; that all we do in “word or deed” should be “as to the Lord.” (See Colossians 3)

We were reminded yesterday of our ultimate victory found in Christ’s resurrection and that that should lead us to be busy about God’s work…

1 Corinthians 15: 58With all this going for us, my dear, dear friends, stand your ground. And don't hold back. Throw yourselves into the work of the Master, confident that nothing you do for him is a waste of time or effort. (The Message)

No comments: