Monday, January 2, 2012

January 2, 2012 - InBounds Breakfast Club

Happy New Year! Did you make any resolutions/commitments? Are you going to get in better shape? Are you going to eat better? Are you ready for the new you?
I am asking this of you spiritually, not physically. Obviously I am not opposed to the physical side yet there are plenty of fitness gurus you can turn to for that. And they will tell you the same stuff: eat right and exercise regularly.

As a spiritual fitness guru I am telling you the same thing: you gotta eat right and exercise regularly! Maybe you could even combine the spiritual and fitness to get a complete workout.

The challenge I am giving you for this year is to be a part of the InBounds Breakfast Club. This is something we do on our ROCK’em Road Trips that I think should carry over to a disciplined daily routine.

Each day we rise to our morning exercise routine that includes: a morning prayer walk; morning physical exercises (i.e. jog, jump rope, etc.); quiet time in God’s Playbook (a healthy spiritual breakfast); a healthy physical breakfast; and then off to a day that will include the spiritual exercise of serving others!

Simply put, we as believers can only grow by “eating” of God’s Word. It is what transforms our minds. (See Romans 12:1-2; Psalm 119) By studying God’s Word and serving others you will see a new you this year!

The Breakfast Club idea is not unique to InBounds Ministries. I first heard about it being done by Michael Jordan and some of his Chicago Bulls teammates during their championship years. I was reminded of it this past weekend by a kid that is playing for the Kentucky Wildcats. He was having a great game against Louisville and the commentators were discussing his work ethic: that he had been holding his own Breakfast Club in the mornings at UK – and that some of his teammates had started joining him.

These examples are guys that are sold out to being the best they can be at basketball. They are sold out to being champions.

Are you sold out to being the best you can be for the Lord? Am I?

 Let’s show some commitment this year. Join me; keep me encouraged; let’s hold each other accountable – to the InBounds Breakfast Club! Let’s start our days off right…

1 Corinthians 9:24 Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it. 25 And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown. 26 Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air. 27 But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.

No comments: