Monday, September 17, 2012

September 17, 2012 - Old School


As I start out writing this week my intent is to be short and to the point; we’ll see how that unfolds as I write…

I often refer to the things as being “Old School.” When I coaches I had my “Old School Rules” for offense and defense. Basically I believe at the end of the day a winning team has to be solid on good old fashion fundamentals…

So this week I want to go back to the most basic fundamental there is: Jesus Saves!  Yes I believe God is still in the saving business! Yes I believe there is power in the proclamation of the Gospel!

The past couple nights we have hosted basketball outreach have resulted in many professions of faith in the finished work of Christ! Tonight was so good that a player asked me point blank what I thought about Christianity and religion. (Nothing like having an opportunity laid in your lap.)

How about going “old school” this week and sharing the message that Jesus saves? He is the Savior! He is the Substitute that God sent into the game of life…

If nothing else be encouraged that God is still at work…

2 Corinthians 5:21!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: