Monday, July 1, 2013

July 1, 2013 - First Five Minutes of the Second Half


Today begins the “second half” of the 2013 “game” (year.) It is a good to time to evaluate where you are… are you making a difference? Are you playing strong? Has it been a good first half or a rough one?

 

The reason I ask is because as a coach half-time was always a great time to regroup and refocus our efforts. Coaches regularly tell their teams that the first five minutes of the second half is often the most critical time of the game; gaining momentum or keeping momentum takes place during this time so the team can finish strong!

 

As I was in my Proverbs Quiet Time this morning (going First and Ten with God!) I was reminded of being receptive to instruction; it drew me back to those half-time talks and wanting my players to hear and respond to the game plan and motivation; it drew me back to the desire to come out strong in the second half…

 

Proverbs 1:5 A wise man will hear and increase learning. A man of understanding will attain wise counsel.

 

That is my desire for you! I hope and pray that you will commit to a strong second half of 2013; one where we truly Go MAD (Make A Difference) for God! There are so many opportunities to serve people (and in doing so to serve God.) If you are unsure of where to go or what to do then contact me or coach Morrow – we have all kinds of ideas… but don’t just stand there; Move, move. Move!!!!! (When I get back off the road I plan to add a new tab to the web that gives ideas of where people can plug into a “play.”)

 

Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.

No comments: