Monday, August 5, 2013

August 5, 2013 - Road Games (There's no place like home)

This summer has been extraordinarily rough as far as travel is concerned. In the past 8 weeks I have traveled over 8,000 miles and slept on sleeping bags, cots, bunks, etc. And the summer is not over; there are still a couple thousand more miles to go over the next 3 weeks…

I’m not complaining! This has given me an opportunity/blessing of being able to share the Gospel with many… and to see many say “Yes” to Christ as their personal Substitute (Savior)!!!!! I have had the opportunity/blessing of teaching/sharing the Word of God (His Playbook) with those traveling with me and seeing their minds/lives transformed!!!!!

In the sports world it is said that it is good to have a “home court advantage”; I do agree that the travels cause me to appreciate my own bed… but in reality for us as believers, there is no “home court” this side of Heaven. We are now “citizens” of Heaven, “members of the household of God.” (See Ephesians 2:19) We are “strangers and pilgrims on the earth.” (See Hebrews 11:13)

These thoughts were prompted by my own schedule; the fact that my oldest son is moving away for 9 months; and from a post on Facebook from a friend that is presently in Costa Rica with her family and will then move to the Dominican Republic as missionaries… She was admitting to some homesickness and reflecting on the places she has called “home.” Her conclusion was that this fallen, sinful world is temporary and her comfort is in the eternal…

Yes it is hard to live in the hostile environment of opposing “gyms”; but remember our hope for the future… and remember that we may be “on the road” but we have a “home crowd” cheering us along…

“…since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us.” (Hebrews 12:1)

Is the road at times hard? Yes
Do I grow tired? Yes
Will I stop? No; too much to do before my time is through! I’m gonna bust it until I hear the buzzer sound!

What about you?

No comments: