Monday, April 7, 2014

April 7, 2014 - GO! GO! GO!

I am home from an extensive trip to Florida, the Dominican Republic, and Haiti… it has been a whirlwind couple of weeks that included preaching the last 3 Sundays in Florida. Drove back today to Alabama and have a couple engagements this week; will preach twice Sunday morning; and then off to North Carolina for a week of meetings at a Christian school… I love “pushing the ball up the floor!”

One of my favorite college players to watch in the past was Ty Lawson at UNC; he absolutely sprinted up the floor when he got it. Even when the fast break wasn’t there he made the defense have to work their tails off! He made sure he was pushing the action!

Teddy Roosevelt is credited with one of my favorite quotes: “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

I want to be “In the arena!” I want to be “In the game!” I want to “push the action!” How about you?

 Never let it be said of me that I was “stuck on the sidelines or riding the bench!” I am going to “push the ball up the floor” and if the “fast break” isn’t there I will “pull the ball” out and adjust… (Always remembering that the first rule of missions is to be “dogmatically committed to flexibility!”)

1 Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.


GO MAD! (Make A Difference!)

No comments: