Monday, June 16, 2014

June 16, 2014 - GOOOOOOAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL Coach Bishop!!!!!!


 
 


As I write this I am sitting in the Dominican Republic with a heavy heart. There are certain people we meet in life that simply are kindred spirits; that think and live li
GOOOOOOAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL!

 

31 seconds is all it took for the US to score their first goal today in World Cup soccer action; there was an opening and they struck! They didn’t sit around and wait for all their plans and plays to come together – they knew the objective was get to the goal!

 

What is our goal? As believers we were left with a very specific mission to share the Gospel and then make teach the Word to the converts… I know, I know, I know… “Here Coach B goes again harping on us to be witnesses…”

 

Yes, I am and will continue to do so. It is why we are left here on the planet. It is the only thing we are called to do as believers that we can’t do in heaven.
ke we do. One such man for me just went on home to be with the Lord.


 

Ron Bishop was a former college coach that I originally met in the early 1980’s. He went on to begin a sports-based missionary outreach called SCORE International that is dedicated to proclaiming the Gospel to the world (and they now include many facets beyond sports.) The old coach logged literally millions of miles in order to share the Gospel!

 

I want to honor the coach this week by echoing his call for us to be soul winners – fishers of men – witnesses… to be in the game and looking for every opportunity to share the glorious message that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures! (See 1 Corinthians 15:3-4) Ron did not always sit back and wait for plans to unfold… when an opportunity for ministry arose he simply said “why not” and he went for it! The Gospel was his goal and his priority!

 

Thanks Coach Bishop for the encouragement you gave me often! Thank you for loving me and my family! Thank you for your example of “getting to the goal!”

 

I am proud to be sitting in the Dominican Republic writing about you! I am in our Global Impact Center that we toured as it was being built; preparing to proclaim that Christ is the Substitute God sent into the game of life for us! I know your heart for this region and I assure the message is going forth!

No comments: