Monday, September 8, 2014

September 8, 2014 - Peak Performance

I am excited as tomorrow I will begin some of our Total Player Academy individual training in our new area where we are living. We have also had new training equipment donated to increase that outreach…

On top of this I have also booked my dear friend Jason Otter to conduct his basketball clinics in a neighboring town. Jason is the best basketball trainer I have ever seen in action… truly helping players reach “Peak Performance”! (www.OtterBasketball.com)

I have also made friends with a strength and conditioning coach (Brian Creel) that is truly world class here in our hometown… He is not only strong as a bull (competes in strong man competitions); he is educated to the nth degree in strength and conditioning…. … truly helping players reach “Peak Performance”! (www.AthEliteNation.com)

When it comes to training athletes it is important to get quality instruction. In fact the two guys I mentioned are so good that I would direct any serious athletes to them way before I would even direct them to me. I view some of our personal training outreach as an avenue to try to filter these players to Jason and Brian… I know that any athlete that trains with these guys will get the very best of instruction!

Our motto for the Total Player Academy is: “Get schooled now… so you won’t be schooled later!” The idea is preparing for the future by getting a solid “education” now. From the spiritual perspective, we call this discipleship; or as me and Coach Morrow say it’ “Just living life together.”

I think it is imperative that we sit under solid Biblical teaching. Your local church should be Bible-believing and Bible-teaching; and you should (in the words of friend George Dooms) “not just sit there but get involved!” Yet I also think it is impotant that you have a “personal trainer” to mentor you and live life alongside you… to be the “iron” that “sharpens iron” in your life. (Make sure it is someone that knows what he is talking about…)

But ultimately I think where we fall short most often is in the imperative need to be in the Word on a daily basis seeking wisdom! The Word proclaims itself to be living and to be for the purpose of instructing and correcting us. It is the key to truly helping “players” reach “Peak Performance”!

Proverbs 8: 34 Blessed is the man who listens to me,
Watching daily at my gates,
Waiting at the posts of my doors.

No comments: