Monday, October 13, 2014

October 13, 2014 - Faithfulness and Dependability

I often write about (remind us) that we have God on our side… He is for us not against us… He has made promises to us to work things for good… we can trust Him!

Ezra 7:28 … So I was encouraged, as the hand of the Lord my God was upon me;…
Or from The Message: …My God was on my side and I was ready to go…

Simply put, that truth alone should motivate us to charge the gates of Hell!

Yet if you read the story of Ezra there in chapter 7 you find out something important. He knew God was on his side because even the king (Artaxerxes) and his counselors were on Ezra’s side. When reading we find that the king recognized wisdom in Ezra. We see that the king entrusted Ezra with leadership and with the finances. The king had no doubt that he could depend on Ezra.

When I was coaching I loved having those players that I could trust to do what was asked, when they were asked, how they were asked – without hesitation. These were guys that I could count on even if I had turned my back or stepped out of the gym.

It would be easy to look at the story of Ezra and say, “of course he did well, God’s hand was upon him…”

But let me remind you that what was required of Ezra was faithfulness and dependability to do what was asked, when it was asked, how it was asked… without hesitation! Ezra trusted God so much that even when he faced potential danger he turned his trust to God. (See 8:21-23)

God is on your side! What is He asking of you in task? What is God asking you in the handling of the finances? Do those around you in leadership see faithfulness and dependability in you?


Get busy!

No comments: