Monday, January 19, 2015

January 19, 2015 - Ball Hogs and Bystanders


We all know the type… the “ball hog” that loves to put up shots… while his teammates are standing there watching (and complaining.)

The same holds true in organizations (especially churches and schools) where certain people tend to have their hands in a little bit of everything… serving on multiple committees… leading the boosters…. etc. And typically there are grumblers and complainers standing by calling them “ball hogs” just not in those terms. Often these “ball hogs” are accused of trying to “run the show.”

Can I just say as a coach that I would rather deal with a “ball hog” over a “bystander”! At least the “ball hog” is active and trying to make a difference. The “bystander” is typically more of a spectator than a player. (And complaining is sin! See Philippians 2:14)

Again our call is to Go MAD… (Go Make A Difference) in your world. Be different in your world. Be committed to the “game plan.”

Was reminded yesterday of the cool description God gives of Caleb:

Numbers 14:24 But my servant Caleb, because he has had a different spirit and has followed me fully, I will bring into the land which he entered, and his descendants shall take possession of it.

How cool would it be for God to call you (and me) “different” and state that we followed Him “fully”?

I want to be a “ball hog” with the Gospel taking every shot I can get! Heaven forbid I become a complaining “bystander”!

No comments: