Monday, October 12, 2015

October 12, 2015 - Great Adventure


Well it is almost here… basketball season is knocking on the door! I love the excitement of a new season and seeing how my favorite players/teams will perform. I love to watch a new team learn and grow together. There is such an excitement when everyone’s record is 0-0 and each team believes it is poised to win…

This year I not only look forward to watching others but I am going to pace the sidelines again! Yet this time there will be no college scouts in the stands or news reporters to talk with… I am going to coach 5th and 6th graders (including my daughter Faith.) And even that brings excitement as I think about molding and forming these players in their personal skills and their team unity… It is a new and fresh start.

Along with that we are initiating new things within InBounds Ministries. I am excited about a new Sunday night “missional community” we are beginning called The Arena. It will be an opportunity to see God work in new ways in our lives. We are also continually looking at other new outreach opportunities.

I am excited about the new campus pastor position I have at Statesville Christian School. There I am introducing new ideas and new opportunities for the students and the staff.

Why am I so excited about NEW things? Newness brings with it the expectation of victory. The “0-0 record” allows for great plans of what the Lord may do in and through us. I love the idea of being a trailblazer for ministry because I love to be a part of how the Lord is working; and He is into doing “new things”!

Isaiah 43: 16 Thus says the Lord, who makes a way in the sea
And a path through the mighty waters,
17 Who brings forth the chariot and horse,
The army and the power
(They shall lie down together, they shall not rise;
They are extinguished, they are quenched like a wick):
18 “Do not remember the former things,
Nor consider the things of old.
19 Behold, I will do a new thing,
Now it shall spring forth;
Shall you not know it?
I will even make a road in the wilderness
And rivers in the desert.

Does that passage excite you? The Lord is at work doing new things and ready to take you down roads and rivers you didn’t know existed… He is a mighty God that invites us into His adventure!

Today begins a new season in your life… get on board with what God is doing… Today we LIVE (Love Intentionally Value Everyone)!!! It truly is a great adventure!

No comments: