Monday, August 29, 2016

August 29, 2016 - Be Careful Of The Steal From Behind

A verse I have often alluded to in these weekly devotions is found in Ephesians 5 verse 15: See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise.

This has often been used to talk about us being aware of our surroundings like great point guards in the game of life… seeing the traps and obstacles that lie ahead. Yet most of the time that I see a point guard get stripped it is because someone snuck in from behind…

As a coach, when that happens, I am screaming at the ball handler’s teammates for not communicating. I expect teammates to warn about an attack coming from the rear…

Heard a great message yesterday from our pastor in Alabama (we watch live on the internet) as he talked about “blind spots” and how we all have them. He likened unto driving a car and realizing that even with the mirrors there are some things we just can’t see… and how nice it is when he has a passenger that can take a look at the blind spots for him…

Well obviously this devo is asking if you have “teammates” that are helping watch your back… Is there someone in your life willing to point out things you can’t see? (Be it a sneak attack from the enemy or a habit or character trait in your life that is not conducive to your path.)

Pastor Matt took us to Galatians 6 which states in verses 1 and 2: Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted. Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

Do you see it? The “law of Christ” demands that we need one another! Maybe that is a long term friend or your life group from church… wherever it is, we are not intended to be lone rangers.

I am so thankful for our “missional group” here in NC (The Arena) as I have dear friends that are headed in the same direction as me… and have my back! I am blessed with dear friends developed throughout years of ministry that have my back! I am blessed with some friends from my youth that still have my back! I am a blessed man!

Be careful to make sure you are aware of things in your blind spots

No comments: