Monday, November 14, 2016

November 14, 2016 - Win the Down!

This coming Friday night I have been asked to share with the Statesville Christian Lions in their locker room before their football game. May not sound like a big deal but it is not just any game… it is the state championship game and our boys are just in their 2nd year as a program. It is obviously an exciting time and I am pumped to get to challenge and encourage them… (pray I am physically able to be there as my cancer treatments are kicking my butt.)

I love big trophies but the state championship is not what I hope to talk to them about… a trophy is a prize at the end of a journey… it is found at the top of the staircase and if you focus too much on the top you will inevitably miss a step and tumble to the bottom…

I want to encourage them to focus coming of the locker room on the game not the prize. I want them to not think about scoreboards in the 4th quarter but instead on execution in the first quarter. I want them to be their best by striving to win each down… Win the Down!

Our tomorrows depend on what we do today! We need do what is right… in the now! What should you do now to help you achieve your future goals? Or more importantly, what should you do now to fulfill what the Lord is asking of you?

James 4:17 Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin.

No comments: