Monday, February 27, 2017

February 27, 2017 - Ready, Willing, and Able To Get After It!

As a coach I loved walking into the gym for a practice and seeing players already getting after it… I loved looking out on the floor during games and seeing players being active… and I loved looking down my bench during games to see players focused in on the game! I wanted players that were ready to go!

I remember having to talk with my daughter about her bench-demeanor. She was out of a game and when I looked over she was laughing it up with her friend and didn’t have a clue about what was going on in the game… and then she wondered why she didn’t go back in…

Our talk quickly turned to the fact that a coach looks down the bench to see who is ready, willing, and able to go in and help the team.

Super tired tonight so I am going to get to the bottom line: I want to appear “ready, willing, and able” when God looks down the bench…

Isaiah 6:8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?” Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

And if God decides to return to “the gym” I want Him to see me “getting after it!”

2 Peter 3:14 Therefore, (because the Lord’s return is imminent), beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless - (Italics added by me based upon context)

No comments: