Monday, April 24, 2017

April 24, 2017 - Stupid


A key ingredient to winning is the ability to “play smart.” When it is game time it is important to make the right decisions on both the offensive and the defensive end of the court…

 

Yesterday as I watched an NBA playoff game I was reminded of this truth. Houston was playing Oklahoma City, and even though Houston ended up winning, they did give OKC some chances to steal the game due to poor clock management and ill-advised shots. In fact at one point I saw James Harden smack himself upside the head and mutter the word “stupid.”

 

The point is that we need to make right choices. I saw a sign the other day with a quote attributed to John Wayne. (I later would see at snopes.com that there is no record of him saying the quote; which is a bummer because I love picturing him saying it…) But it went like this:

 

“Life is tough. Life is tougher if you’re stupid!”

 

As a believer I want to make God-honoring choices in my life. As a believer I hope to be like King David in Psalm 26. He stated to God in verse 2: “Examine me, O Lord, and prove me; try my mind and my heart.”

 

Are you comfortable with God taking a close look at your heart? Can you state before God, as David did in 3, that “I have walked in Your truth.” Or can you proclaim, as David did in 11, “But as for me, I will walk in my integrity…”

 

We need to pursue excellence in life by “playing smart” and following God’s game plan!

No comments: