Monday, April 2, 2018

April 2, 2018 - Christ Put In The Work!


Yesterday as we sat through our Easter service I heard not only a great, clear message of hope in the finished work of Christ in getting “on the team”, but also some great teaching on what we do with that hope once we are “suited up.”



The message was spot on in reminding us that the work for “getting on the team” was done in full by Jesus! What a great time of year as we celebrate the work of the cross and the work of the resurrection! I truly hope that every believer reading this is rejoicing in the assurance that “by grace through faith” we have been saved!!! (And if you ae reading this and not a believer, please know that the work was done for you! Jesus loves you! You can “believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved!”)



Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.



My plan is to share next week some of the teachings we heard concerning what happens after we have placed our faith in Christ… and a hint is that it involves fly fishing and a guide…)



In honor of Easter I want to simply share one of my favorite choruses:



He paid a debt He did not owe

I owed a debt I could not pay

I needed someone to wash my sins away



And now I sing a brand-new song

Amazing grace the whole day long

Christ Jesus paid a debt

That I could never pay

No comments: