Monday, November 12, 2018

November 12, 2018 - Who Are You Running With?


Recently I have had many conversations about who my favorite teams are… to which I always respond that I have none… I don’t have any team that I am fanatical over… I am a player-fan! I love to keep up with certain players no matter what team they happen to be on.


In the basketball world there always seems to be disparaging talk when players choose to go to a different team; yes, sometimes in professional sports this is because of a bigger paycheck somewhere, but often it is players admitting that they simply want a better chance of winning. (This doesn’t just take place at the pro level, as it obviously takes place at the collegiate level, the travel team level, and even the high school level… all with players looking for the best situation to insure success.)


This week the discussion is centered around the mega-move of Jimmy Butler being traded to the Philadelphia 76ers. Butler has been very disgruntled where he was at in Minnesota and has openly stated he just wants to win… And now the talking heads are debating if this makes the 76ers a title contender… if he will mesh well with their team.


But I am simply bringing it up because all that is happening is that Butler had expressed a desire, and was granted the opportunity, to run with a different set of teammates…


I’m not writing for us to debate how he went about it; but instead to state that I understand wanting to run with different guys… and think we all need to consider our teammates.


I was looking at Proverbs 12:26 on BibleGateway.com… when I clicked on parallel versions, I found quite a difference in the translation of the verse… so I went to BibleStudyTools.com and checked the interlinear version…


And then I settled on what I believe the verse is actually saying… and it states that we need to choose our running mates wisely.


This is the verse from the Youngs Literal Translation: 26 The righteous searcheth his companion, And the way of the wicked causeth them to err.


NKJV: 26 The righteous should choose his friends carefully,
For the way of the wicked leads them astray.


Find teammates to run with that will help you succeed!!!

No comments: