Monday, November 5, 2018

November 5, 2018 - The Other Team


Last week I shared about how others view us, as Christians… with a reminder that when they look at our “box score” it should read about the positive things we have done in the game… Over and over the phrase that “Christians are known more for what they are against than what they are for…” So last week’s challenge was simply a reminder for each of us to focus on being difference makers…


This week, as promised, I am going to challenge us about how we view / deal with the “other team.”


I have never gone into the other team’s huddle to get on them about their mistakes they were making, nor have I tried to coach the other team on what they should be doing on the court… and I NEVER have I had expectations of the other team knowing and running our plays.


I am troubled with how often believers are angry that the unsaved, spiritually-dead, blind, and chained unbelievers are living sinfully… I personally am not offended or angry when a “blind man can’t see something!”


When discussing how we view the “other team,” I simply want to ask this week:


Are you more angry at their sin than you are broken over their lostness?


Oh that I/you be accused, like Jesus was in Luke 15:2… “He takes in sinners and eats meals with them, treating them like old friends.” (The Message)


WE HAVE GOOD NEWS TO SHARE!!! That is hard to do with a scowl on your face…

No comments: