Monday, July 29, 2019

July 29, 2019 - Thankful for Teammates / FANS


Last week I wrote about how much I love being a part of the team… and it leads me to a very logical and basic devotion this week… being thankful for teammates…


It doesn’t matter how good we think we are as individuals, we need good teammates. As I stood by a fire last night, my buddy and I were discussing great players and we concluded that all had something in common when it came to winning… great teammates.


Scripturally we are admonished to understand the body… the team… and that the beauty and mystery of what Christ did was in bringing together very different people into one body… with different functions (gifts.)


I am currently on our ministry’s Wake Up and Worship Tour… sitting in Livermore CO… having covered 4500 miles so far. I am touring with the Next Man Up team that is based upon the idea of people filling needs. We have incredible music being shared… a phenomenal outpouring of a spoken word that is rocking people’s worlds… and the opportunities to share God’s truth… love… peace… hope… and His GRACE!


But the team doesn’t stop there… we are being surrounded by folks at each stop that want to serve us… in spite of the fact that we went on the road to serve them… We are able to travel and cover expenses because other teammates/FANS (Fill A Need Supporters) saw fit to be a part of the tour financially and by providing transportation. Other teammates/FANS have been faithfully praying for our journey.


So, this week my mind is drawn to the team and how thankful I am for each of you. Philippians 1:3 says, “I thank my God upon every remembrance of you.”


Any great player ultimately realizes he didn’t make it on his own! We are having a great tour because of the teammates/FANS that are playing their parts…


So not a long devotion; more of a thank you letter… but hopefully it will cause each of you to look around you and be thankful for your teammates!


(This is also fairly short because I am tired! Keep us lifted up, 1 week to go!)

No comments: