Monday, May 23, 2022

May 23, 2022 - Choose wisely… where you “run” and who you “run with”!

My plan is for things to be short and sweet this week… partially because I am exhausted from travel, and also because sometimes you simply need to quickly make a point… (i.e., in basketball there is not a lot of time in the huddle, so a coach just gets straight to it!) 

I can remember in my playing days spending a lot of time at local courts for pick-up games… and I remember those times when I hooked up with teammates that simply didn’t play the way I liked to play. Usually that meant they were just running and gunning… not playing team ball. Note: this doesn’t mean they were playing wrong… they were not breaking rules… I was simply running with the wrong guys and needed to find different teammates!

Do you want to honor God with how you “play the game”? Do you want to make a difference with your life? Evaluate who you are “running with”!

I was reminded of this simple truth as yesterday our pastor emphasized how often when we are led to do something for God, it can involve choosing new surroundings and /or new teammates. He gave many Scriptural examples, but since this is time-out I’ll share one simple verse:

Psalm 120:6 My soul has dwelt too long with one who hates peace.

Choose wisely… where you “run” and who you “run with”!

No comments: