Monday, November 21, 2022

November 21, 2022 - Duties of the Grind

Today’s practice or game matters! We’ve recently been talking about focusing on the journey more than the destination… this is not to say that we shouldn’t have dreams of championships, BUT…

I write this week as I also work on ministry plans for next year… which involves dreaming, and sometimes dreaming big. Yet I know that I cannot wait until January 1 and expect things to be in place…

Years ago as I challenged our school’s football team before a big game, I simply reminded them that winning the championship would ultimately be the result of attention to details… with the mantra, “win the down!”

James says it this way, “Come now you who say, ‘today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit’; whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow…” (James 4:13-14b)

Basically we are being reminded we don’t know about tomorrow… injuries?... pandemics?... the economy crashing?...

Please note, I am not trying to rain on anyone’s parade… to the contrary, I want you to have a championship parade! I just know the path to that begins with being the best we can be today!

“The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses – behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.” Muhammad Ali

Galatians 6:5 has a very simple statement: For each one shall bear his own load.

In other words, take care of your business today!

Dreams of championships are fueled by the duties of the grind! Get after it! Coach B

No comments: