Monday, January 30, 2023

January 30, 2023 - Kinda Like Luka

Tonight marks the 1100th consecutive week of these devos, and I know there have been many times I have started them out saying I planned to make them short and sweet… I’m going to start with that premise again this week, as I am traveling and worn out… still have a plane to catch tomorrow to Budapest Hungary… much of the 2 weeks there will be focused around the International Christian School of Budapest and, even though speaking English, will involve folks from many backgrounds.

I got to thinking about recent reports I have seen where Luka Doncic discussed differences in playing hoops in Europe vs the US… as the games have very different styles according to the region being played. YET, the object of the game is STILL TO GET THE BALL IN THE BASKET! (And Luka is pretty stinking good at doing that wherever he plays!)

Paul shares in 1 Corinthians 9 about the idea that folks are different and there are different styles to reaching them… YET, the object is STILL TO GET TO THE CROSS and RESURRECTION!

20 And to the Jew, I became a Jew…to those under the law, as under the law… 21 to those without law, as without law… 22 to the weak I became as weak… I have become all things to all men, THAT I MAY WIN… THAT I MAY BY ALL MEANS SAVE SOME.

As we embark on our trip to Budapest, or as we each head out the door each day, we should adapt our “game” to the folks we are trying to reach… BUT NEVER ADAPT THE OBJECT OF THE GAME…

23 Now this I do for the Gospel’s sake…

I want to be effective wherever I am… kinda like Luka!

No comments: