Monday, March 6, 2023

March 6, 2023 - God's Got This

Well I’m writing this week in the midst of a lot of uncertainties… in the midst of fatigue… in the midst of things breaking down… I’m sure I could go on and on, not to mention in the midst of simply getting old and not “playing the game” like I used to… In ministry I regularly talk to folks that are emotionally uncertain, fatigued, and broken down…

Have you ever heard someone say they feel as though God is distant or not listening? In Isaiah 40 we find that the people of Israel are disheartened… worn out from hardships… questioning God…

Isaiah 40:27 Why do you say, O Jacob, and speak, O Israel: “My way is hidden from the Lord, and my just claim is passed over by my God.”

Eugene Peterson paraphrased the quote as: “God has lost track of me. He doesn’t care what happens to me.” (The Message)

I LOVE the confident response: Isaiah 40:28 Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, neither faints nor is weary. His understanding is unsearchable.

In the Message, Peterson uses this description: He doesn’t get tired out, doesn’t pause to catch His breath. And He knows everything inside, and out.

And the Scriptures go on to tell us that not only is the Greatest “in the game” for us, but He also empowers/strengthens us. Let me remind us this week of very famous verses from Isaiah, but with pointing out that they were shared with people that were uncertain, fatigued, and broken down… maybe that is you this week:

Isaiah 40:29 He gives power to the weak, and to those that have no might He increases strength.

40:31 But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.

I don’t know about you, but this old man could use some renewed strength… GOD’S GOT THIS!!!

No comments: