Monday, December 25, 2023

December 25, 2023 - Get in the Game and Go Tell

I just returned from a few weeks providing pulpit supply for a church… at a time of year where obviously I talked a lot about the CHRISTmas story… I truly did want to be encouraging and celebratory from the pulpit BUT I do view it as this old coach’s huddle, and also I must correct…

In part 4 of the series, I set them up a bit with a cute Charlie Brown and Snoopy cartoon I put on the screen. It has Charlie praying, “Dear Lord, all I want for Christmas is for my family and friends to know Jesus.” I then brought out my old faithful Bobby Knight quote that states “everyone has the will to win, but few have the will to prepare to win!” Don’t tell me, show me what you want…

I then talked about some unlikely missionaries, centered around the shepherds’ willingness to “go tell”!

Luke 2:17-18 Now when they had seen Him, they made widely known the saying which was told them concerning this Child. And ALL THOSE WHO HEARD it marveled at those things which were TOLD THEM by the shepherds.

For our friends and family to know, they must hear!

This CHRISTmas, get in the game and go tell those that need to hear!

No comments: