Monday, December 24, 2012

December 24, 2012 - Amazing!


As I sit here on the eve of CHRISTmas I can’t help but be honest about how messed up and commercialized the holiday has become. I know some are reading this and saying “Preach it, Coach!” Yet I am confessing to my own “mess” in how I approach it…

Don’t get me wrong, I love when I get to write about it, preach about it, sing about it, etc. Yet when it all boils down I find myself getting more excited about seeing the kids open presents, or in full honesty, watching the Thunder-Heat game tomorrow… (I even looked up prices for tickets since in am near Miami right now – and considered squandering money that came in to me for CHRISTmas… - then was snapped back to reality when I saw the prices for the game.)

The fact is that if there is an amazing play during that game I will be quick to tell people about it. If LeBron or D-Wade or KD go off and show their amazing skills I will be quick to discuss how amazing they are. (I couldn’t wait to post pictures of my own son dunking a silly basketball today…)

Following the birth of Christ the shepherds were introduced to Him and immediately went to tell people the message that was told to them; then we see later in Luke chapter 2 that after meeting Christ the prophetess Anna told everyone that sought redemption about Him…

Very simple and to the point today; I know we are all busy… Do you think Christ is amazing? Amazing
enough to tell people about Him? Let’s give the gift of Christ to people this year!!!!!!!

If you are reading this and have not personally met Christ, I have good news for you – God is offering
you the greatest gift ever this CHRISTmas – Jesus as your personal Savior!!!! Look 2 tells about His birth;
John 3:16 tells ultimately why He was born – to be a gift to you! Jesus died on a cross to pay for your sin;
He rose again three days later to offer you eternal life. It is a gift! You read it there in John 3:16! How do
you get a gift? You receive it! Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved!

No comments: