Monday, May 13, 2013

May 13, 2013 - This devotion will mean nothing if you are not pursuing something!


As I spent time in the Proverbs this morning, I was reminded of a great and simple truth (one that I am sure I have written about in the past during these weekly devotions.) It is a simple yet vital truth to successful living…

Before I simply post the verse that caught my eye again, I want to ask a few questions of you …

Are you in training? This can be a sports question, a fitness question, an academic question, or even a spiritual question. Simply put, this devotion will mean nothing if you are not pursuing something! This devotion will mean nothing if you are not desiring to grow! This is for those that long to be transformed…

“If I am through learning, I am through.” John Wooden

Do you have a training partner(s)? Simply put here we need accountability and encouragement in order to stay the course!

And the main question (if you answered in the affirmative to the first 2 questions) is: What type of partner(s) are you surrounding yourself with? Is it someone that has similar goals to you? Someone that will encourage you? Someone that will rebuke you? Someone that will push you?

Now we get to the main point this week: If you hang out with knuckleheads you are not going to accomplish much! Be careful who you surround yourself with! Find those that will pursue greatness with you… (and mostly I am referring to spiritual transformation.)

Proverbs 13:20 He who walks with wise men will be wise, but the companion of fools will be destroyed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good post. I like it. I was interesting to read it. Great thank's author for sharing...

http://www.paperwritings.com/