Monday, June 29, 2015

June 29, 2015 - Rest to Get Stronger

One of the key things in getting stronger is rest and recovery… After hard workouts it is required to let our muscles rebuild. It is imperative to recover after hard games. Often after a hard week’s practice a coach will even give a break and just have a walk-through before a game. The point is that we need rest in order to function at our best.

I am writing this following a trip our west that included over 4000 miles of driving. This followed a couple weeks of moving from AL to NC and now we are back to our house with a ton of work to do… all before leaving out on the next journey…

The topic is very real to me today as I am physically and mentally wiped out. During times like this it is easy to get overwhelmed thinking about all that still needs to be done. As a result I find myself struggling to write (or even think for that matter.) Yet during the week out west I even reminded the youth I was working with that rest is needed to be at our best. Therefore I am going to rest tonight (and maybe even tomorrow.)

Are you making rest a priority in your life? God called it “Sabbath” and commanded it. Jesus practiced it and had His disciples do the same… in their busy lives of ministry He stated in Mark 6:31:

“…Come aside by yourselves to a deserted place and rest a while.”

Get stronger… rest a little bit!

No comments: