Monday, October 3, 2016

October 3, 2016 - Put Me In Coach, I'm Ready To Play

Not a long devotion tonight; to be honest I am simply tired and have had a long day of meetings and counseling sessions. Don’t get me wrong, I am not complaining… I’m just tired. Why I am not complaining is simple… it is what I signed up for!
 
Ministry (being on mission) is tiring. It involves an investment of ourselves in others. It at times calls for our treasure (finances); at times for our talents (service); and at times simply our time to be there and validate to others that they matter… to us and to God!
 
Last night I preached a message where I quoted from the great philosopher John Fogerty who sang “Put me in coach, I’m ready to play.1 Chronicles 29:1 states that God had chosen Solomon for a task to build the house of God. His father David stated in verse 3: Moreover, because I have set my affection on the house of my God, I have given to the house of my God, over and above all that I have prepared for the holy house…
 
Do you know that if you have believed on Christ to be saved then you became God’s masterpiece with specific opportunities He has prepared for you to serve (See Ephesians 2:8-10.) The question is if your affection is on the house of your God where you are willing to Go MAD (Make A Difference)? It is time consuming and tiring. Yet it is so much better than a life of indifference… lacking passion and purpose!
 
Fogerty went on to say in his song that he “spent some time with the Mudville Nine watchin’ it from the bench…” He is writing as a player that realizes he wants to be in the game…
 
Put me in, Coach, I'm ready to play, today
Look at me, I gotta be Center field
 
Got a beat-up glove, a homemade bat, and brand-new pair of shoes
You know I think it's time to give this game a ride
Just to hit the ball and touch 'em all, a moment in the sun
It's gone and you can tell that one goodbye!
 
Are you in the game? Are you committed to the task God has given you? Are you willing to get off the bench and take your cuts?
 
Isaiah 6:8 And I also heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “Whom shall I send and who will go for us?”
Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

No comments: