Monday, December 12, 2016

December 12, 2016 - Rise Up Strong (Stepping in where needed...)

 
 
I'm not entirely sure what the ideal introduction to a blog is, or I if there's a specific structure or organization I'm supposed to follow when writing a devotion...But one thing I do know is that in Galatians 6:2 we are instructed to carry one another's burdens, and tonight, my father, Mr. Burden, is in need of such a burden to be lifted. So I, Elisha Burden, will be doing tonight’s devotion. This week has become increasingly difficult as my dad has continued stagnant in his recovery. Often times at this point in the race, it's easy to become frustrated and overwhelmed by our circumstances. But as I'm sure my dad would tell you, this part of the race is the most important. Throughout my life, my dad has constantly encouraged me to “FINISH STRONG” in my every pursuit. These words reflect so clearly what Christ did for us when he paid the ultimate sacrifice for us on the cross. Peter informs us in 1st Peter 2:21 that “For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, so that you might follow in his steps.” Did Peter really just say that what my dad is going through is something we're called to do? In the midst of tribulation, it's so easy for anger and resentment to boil against God, but yes, in the preceding verse Peter writes “For what credit is it if, when you sin and are beaten for it, you endure? But if when you do good and suffer for it you endure, this is a gracious thing in the sight of God” Knowing this might give our minds the ability to rise above the suffering which we’re experiencing at the moment. It's undeniable to acknowledge my dad's ability to go MAD like never before in the height of his discomfort. Even through the difficulty, we are witnessing God’s capabilities like never before. I encourage you to seek out this same epiphany of God’s utilization. Suffer for God, because sometimes, in terms of spiritual effectiveness, we are strongest when we are weakest.


No comments: