Monday, December 19, 2016

December 19, 2016 - Thank Your Teammates

Today has seemed to have a consistent theme of being thankful for those around you…

As I was watching an interview this morning I listened to former-NFL great Eric Dickerson reminding Ezekiel Elliott (Cowboys) to show his appreciation to his offensive line. Dickerson reminisced about buying watches, boots, etc. for his guys… (When I hear these types of reminders I always think about Coach Wooden’s rule that you point back to the guy that gave you a pass to score; one player asked, “What if he is not looking?” To which Wooden replied, “He will be.”)
 
A little later I read a Facebook post from my dear friend Bruce Johnson reminiscing and showing thanks to men that have influenced (‘mentored”) his life in major ways. Relatives, pastors, coaches, teachers… that invested in him! It made me start thinking through my “list.”

Of course the daily reminders as I have this health battle of those that have been showering my family with prayer and love… making sure that every need we have is being met, and then some.

We need to be a grateful / thankful people… and we need to let others know it! As I was in my daily Proverbs time the theme continued…

The normal reminders of all our parents have imparted unto us along with an extra special reminder:

Proverbs 18:22 A man who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord.
Proverbs 19:14 Houses and riches are an inheritance from fathers, but a prudent wife is from the Lord.

I’m reminded of these verses as I see my wife here at the hospital every day with me; massaging my aching body, comforting when I’m down, etc. In fact she has spent most of the nights sleeping here on a horrible hospital couch… yet still has taken time to take care of the kids and coordinate everything.

(And as I write this week I notice that Coach Jon just posted on Facebook about how cool this marriage thing is..)

So my encouragement to you this week is to find some people to thank! I have many but I must start with it going to my beautiful, kind, giving, sharing, incredible wife.
 
Thanks Lis, “come what may I’m gonna love you; come what may I’m gonna need you; come what may I’m gonna want you by my side… come what may I’ll always see heaven in your eyes!”

No comments: