Monday, October 28, 2013

October 28, 2013 - Down But Not Out!


Yesterday my brother and I got into his car to run to the store. He set his radio on the Denver/Washington football game and Denver was surprisingly behind. While on our drive to the store Denver tied the game at 21; when we came back out to the car they were ahead 38-21 and then scored again before we left the parking lot.

 

Denver was down in that game 21-7 and then ran off 38 consecutive points in the second half to win in a blowout. I’m sure many Denver fans were frustrated early in the second half; but true fans know that Payton Manning should not be underestimated; as long as he is on your side and there is time on the clock he is a threat!

 

I write about this as I think about how bleak life can look at times. Whether it is illness, finances, relationships, school, or whatever… things get difficult. And then to hear conversations daily about the condition of the world, politics, etc. could make one feel as though there is no hope…

 

On a personal level I just want to encourage you (and me) that God is on our side and there is time on the clock… He will use the things you (and I) are going through and work them for our good – we have His promise! (Romans 8:28)

 

On a national or even global level I also know something… God wins! I’ve read the book and know the ending… I choose not to spend all of my time moaning and groaning about things and instead looking for a way to make a difference. The fact is that the Scriptures tell us life gets more difficult and gives us an answer… to “redeem the time because the days are evil.” (Ephesians 5:16) Are you a complainer or a changer?

 

We may be down but we’re not out!

No comments: