Monday, August 10, 2015

August 10, 2015 - Implement the Plan

I am back in my NC office and trying to settle in… it has been a long hard summer of travel (only one more trip on the schedule) and now is time to focus on our local outreach. In spite of the fact that the summer has been tiring, it has also been incredibly fulfilling. It is great when a “game plan” is prepared and then you get to see it unfold! (That is even true in the camps we run when I see kids implementing what we taught in drills.) I truly believe we have “gone MAD” this summer… we have Made Difference!

That is the key… IMPLEMENTING THE PLAN!

The Bible is clear that we are to be “doers of the word, and not hearers only…” (James 1:22) It is clear that talk is cheap… Proverbs 14:23 tells us that “In all labor there is profit, but idle chatter leads only to poverty.” Do you see the emphasis on IMPLEMENTING THE PLAN?

I say this as a coach, a parent, a minister, etc. We live in a world that seems content to have good intentions… where the typical response is “Yes, when I get a chance to get around to it.” Can I go into parent-mode for a moment? Well, I’m gonna… Delayed obedience is disobedience!

MAD Men and Women see a need and then immediately try to do something about it!
MAD Men and Women don’t just say “Amen”, they live it!
MAD Men and Women don’t just click the “Like” button, they act on it!

Does that mean you have to respond to every request made of you? No, we are not always in a position to personally Make A Difference, but when we can we should!

I recently posted a great need for a young girl in the Dominican that could walk again with our help. Many people have “liked” or even “shared” the status on the internet but only 3 have “acted” on the status… Can we add an “ACT” or a “Do something about it” button to Facebook? In our churches can we move beyond “AMEN” (which means “so be it”) to answering “I’ll do it!”

Let’s Go MAD!
IMPLEMENT THE PLAN!

No comments: