Tuesday, August 4, 2015

August 3, 2015 - How Do You Handle Game Truth?

I have written in past devotions about how much I disliked watching game film when I was a player; and if I am being honest with myself I'm sure I didn't like it very much when the coach was pointing out what I had done wrong...

The reality is that a coach (who is on your side) is giving a player "game truth"; and the old adage is true that the "film don't lie!" It gives "game truth." And "game truth" leaves a player with the options of: 

1. Rest - Ignore it and be content with where one is as a player
 
- or -

2 Wrestle - allow truth to do its work - observe the truth and allow it to correct even when "the truth hurts" - realize truth is not the enemy!

The Scriptures are "game truth" for life... Allow the Word to do its work in your life. 

Read 2 Timothy the 3:16-17
Read  James 1:23-25

If God is on your side then His Word is always for your good! 

“Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭3:5-6‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

No comments: