Monday, January 9, 2017

January 9, 2017 - Coachable.... Simple

As I spent some time in Proverbs 9 today something jumped out at me like it never has before… the attitude of a coachable player. Proverbs 9 deals with the value and importance of gaining wisdom and her call.

In sports I have encountered players at times that thought they knew it all… and came to practice without a coachable attitude. In fact, I even had a player at one point tell me he didn’t want to do what I was asking as a coach because he didn’t think it would help… Can you imagine a high school player with the kind of hutzpah?

What God ask of is to realize that compared to Him (wisdom) we are simple… we need to hear from Him on a regular basis. Some of you do not spend daily time with God (and to be honest I am not as faithful as I should be.) But we are a simple peole that needs regular “coaching” in order to grow as players in the game of life. A coachable mind is a simple mind…

“Whoever is simple let him turn in here.!... Forsake foolishness and live.” Proverbs 9:4a and 6

No comments: